Friday, February 10, 2012

yogi_Sum Up And Display Expenses By Type


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

user surfjabroni said:
Formula for expenses, count, countif?
Hi folks I am a total newbie to this so excuse my lack of knowledge:
I have the expenses name listed in column A (ie comcast phone, Radisson etc..) their type in Column B (ie communications, mileage, hotel etc...) and the cost of each item in column C.
I am looking for a formula that looks for all items that are "communications" and sums the total. This needs to be repeated for expenditure type.
Thanks in advance. I hope I made myself clear :)
--------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment