Friday, February 17, 2012

yogi_Align Columns Of Data Using One Comment Field


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                      Google Spreadsheet                       www.energyefficientbuild.com


user Wes.vasher said:
Align columns of data usine one comment field?
I have a master list of all 1000 customers with a login column, email column and other columns such as address, phone etc.
I have another subset of this list with around 500 customers with a login column and one other column of data.
I have them both in the same spreadsheet and want to combine the list using the common login column, that is, align the correct rows of the 500 list to the 1000 list.
I've tried everything I can find without success and am turning here for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Align columns of data "using" one "common" field that is. I've added a link to a sample spreadsheet below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aigg8OpP5H89dGc4Q3BNanFIMUppaGpWVWxPaGlUNnc
------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem: