Wednesday, February 29, 2012

yogi_Extract Name And Address Rows With Unique Addresses Only

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                Google Spreadsheet          Post  #450          www.energyefficientbuild.com


user Cullen MI said:
Filter unique rows, but include a row that may not be unique
My main sheet is simply a list of names and addresses. I want to end up with a sheet of unique addresses to use as mailing labels.
However, a lot of the entries are members of the same family at the same address. I might have:
  A     B           C             D      E    F
Joe   Smith  123 Main Street  New York  NY  10010
Jane  Smith  123 Main Street  New York  NY 10010
I would like to keep one of those addresses, and just select one of the names to use.
In my second sheet I can do Unique(A:F). But this will return both of those lines, since they are not entirely duplicates.
I could also do Unique:(C:F), which will return just one copy of the address, but then I lose the name.
How can I get one address, with one name?
---------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem 

No comments:

Post a Comment