Friday, February 17, 2012

yogi_Sort A List Except For Certain Specified Things In Another Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                      Google Spreadsheet                       www.energyefficientbuild.com

user DjDurland said:
How to sort a list except for certain things
Alright, I've come to another stump. I have 2 "boxes", both 8 cells from top to bottom. In the first "box", I have this:
CUBS
KITTENS
MINHUTEMEN
WINTER
CHEWS
PATHFINDERS
LAHC: MINORS
SHAOLIN
In the second "box", I have this:
WINTER
PATHFINDERS
What I'm trying to figure out, is how to get the rest of the items from Box 1 to Box 2, based on top to Bottom, and place them under the items in Box 2. In the end, Box 2 would look like this:
WINTER
PATHFINDERS
CUBS
KITTENS
MINHUTEMEN
CHEWS
LAHC: MINORS
SHAOLIN
How would I go about doing this? Does it also help to say that the Boxes are on separate sheets within the same worksheet?
-------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment