Wednesday, February 5, 2014

yogi_Search For Occurrence Of Items In A2 to A In Column D Of FormResponses

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1515
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI   Feb-05-2014
post by john_nc (!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/yk4ddMEFkJ4)
Filter issue with using Wildcards for Cell Data
Thank you ahead of time for any assistance you can offer!!

I have a formula that is set to count data based on information from a certain cell, which is "A2" in this case.

The delima I have is that I want to be able to say if it has any A2 or more infomation. I know you can do this if you were to use Wildcards and exact data like below....
With above it would count all sells that had the word Something in it.

Is there a way to modify the first formula I posted to have wild cards so it's counting the words from A2 even if there is more than that information in the cell??
I need it to pull from the cell as it's counting information for multiple rows which are different.