Sunday, February 2, 2014

yogi_Pull Sum of Items By Type Location And Within A Range Of Dates From Another Sheet

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1513
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Feb-02-2014
question by GAPS Labrador (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/__PciWDRqBk) 
How do I use DSUM or QUERY or FILTER for totalling a filtered column?
Good day,
Unfortunately, I'm fairly new to more complex formulas, but I've been working on a "database-like" inventory using Forms and Sheets and I have a few needs that would seem to be quite possible, but are somehow alluding me. 

I'm trying to do a fairly straightforward Inventory Summary in which I total the column of products (Column "F" in Inventory adjustments), but only those from a particular storage facility (as defined in column C), in this case "#6 Grenfell."  I've attempted to use SUM, DSUM and QUERY, but I can't seem to get the formula right.  You can see my two attempts on the sheet "Inventory Summary."     Also could you please tell me what's wrong with my formula in cell D9 that it only gives a Zero response?  The sheet is below:


I know I'm a bit of a novice at this, but any assistance you could offer would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment