Monday, February 17, 2014

Yogi_Compute For Each Card Row By Row Number Of Cards Issued Cards Returned And Cards Not Returned

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1535
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Feb-17-2014
post by Elfie Shafril (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/2qH5rYzKVXo)
How to count if a certain condition is met
Hi
I've a spreadsheet that helps me track who was issued a certain card number, when it was issued and when the card was returned.
The cards basically uses an alphabet in front of a random generated number (eg; C0897023, R23402, V098098). I've only managed to count certain cards using =countif ('Issuance'! B2:B10, "R*")

At the end of the day, I would like to get a summary on a separate sheet of how many of a certain card was issued and if there are any unreturned cards. How do I go about to create a formula to automate this? I've also attached asample file so that I may study the functions required.

Thanks for your advise!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment