Sunday, March 4, 2012

yogi_Pull Date From Timestamp Column If Rows In A Specified Column Do Not Have A Date Entry

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                Google Spreadsheet          Post  #455          www.energyefficientbuild.com

user Bill_ said:
Form Data Auto Date Extraction
I set up an open spreadsheet with a live form to aid in getting my problem worked out. Free free to play with it, etc. It's open and buried in a collection specifically for testing and finding a solution for me and any future searchers.
Here is the live form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHhRSzlkZkpSNTctdlBrZXctTTJFR1E6MQ#gid=0
Here is the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhTPJ4zL-mX0dHhRSzlkZkpSNTctdlBrZXctTTJFR1E
I’m trying to transfer the forms data collection to another page. In doing so, I’m trying to have the query or arrray automatically fill in the Date with the timestamps date if the user didn’t fill in the date.
I realize I can require this question, but that is not my goal with this.
Is it possible to do something like this?
------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment