Wednesday, September 12, 2012

yogi_Using DCOUNT With The Criteria Cell Being Empty (Blank)

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #743   Sep 12, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user xpegenaute said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=556ageg3yj8x#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/I-XrCrxh-LU)
DCOUNT: 2ndCritera the cell must be empty, is it possible?
Hi,
I am having this little example with two columns, I want to know how many dinners I need to cook for people who are not member of my group. I thought to do it with DCOUNT, but I don't know how to deal with the empty "MemberNumber" and DCOUNT.
=dcount(J13:K18;"MemberNumber";L23:M24)
Criteria:
---------------------------------------------
Activity MemberNumber
Dinner ????
Data
---------------------------------------------
MemberNumber Activity
5 Dinner
2 Breakfast
Dinner
3 Breakfast
7 Dinner
Thanks,
Xavi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem:

the spreadsheet underlying this post  as of Sep-13-2012 is suffering from server error occurritis ... and I am not sure when it will come back to life -- so I have presented essentially the same (but not identical) solution in the following blog post:
yogi_Using DCOUNT With The Criteria Cell Being Empty (Blank) Spreadsheet No 2

No comments:

Post a Comment