Thursday, September 20, 2012

yogi_Plan And Prioritize Trips based On Calcs As The Crow Flies

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #767  Sep 20, 2012    www.energyefficientbuild.com

user aapilot said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=y7jq6icx61c4#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/PhP40bfvdgI
Distance "As the crow flies" calculated in a spreadsheet
I am a pilot.  I'm looking to automatically calculate the distance between points in a spreadsheet.  I know there has to be a way to do this, I'm just not sure how to start.

Here's what I would like to see.

Location 1:  A1=Kansas City, MO
Location 2:  B2=Denver, CO
Distance:  C2=558 miles or 485 nautical miles

Please help!
----
Alright so I figured this out.  Check out Cell J2 for the formula to calculate distance "as the crow flies" from Lat/Long.


SO now I have another problem. I feel like I should be able to figure this out, but for some reason I'm stumped.  
Displayed on my Spreadsheet I have calculated out the closest cities to my present location.  I would like to be able to only display those that have ">0" plans(E5-E10).  Basically I would like to be able to put limiting criteria in C2-E2 and then sort them by closest 6 cities. Anyone help with this?  Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the following solution applies to the second part of the user aapilot's question


No comments:

Post a Comment