Saturday, September 15, 2012

yogi_Create Computed Columns In Form Responses Sheet Named Master To Look Up Names From Codes And Sum Up Total From Time And Rate

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #752   Sep 16, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user walermo said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=y9b3q1rxt8nu#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/3lbrpUgA-iw)
arrayformula not autopopulating
Hello All!

I have searched high and low for a solution to this.

I have a form from which I collect a lot of data. I have included several formulas on the spreadsheet where the data is collected. The formulas were created after the data was collected.

I have recreated this at a smaller scale, where you can see what I am talking about:


This is what I am doing:

1. In column C I want to fetch the names that correspond to the codes on column B. They are being queried from the 'Names' sheet.
2. Because =query() by itself would not autopopulate the rows below, I tried to use =arrayformula(). It did not work. However, only the first data row performs the query. No =continue() after that.
3. I placed individual =query() calls on B7 through B11, but one code shows odd behavior.
4. =arrayformula() on F1 also did not autopopulate to the rows below. Only the first row performs the calculation.

Your help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


No comments:

Post a Comment