Tuesday, July 17, 2012

yogi_Embed A Specific Range Only From A Sheet of A Spreadsheet In A Web Site

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #635   Jul 17, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user JustineatOTF said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/_03GCkNw1wM)
How can I publish a numeric value from a Google spreadsheet in a sentence on a Google site?
I would like to publish a numeric value from one field in one of my Google spreadsheets publically. But I don't want to display it as a list or spreadsheet. I want to display it as a part of a sentence on a Google site. Is this possible and if so how?
----

Source: 
Cell B2 on the sheet called "quick figures" in this spreadsheet:
Destination:
XXX total participants to date

------------------------------------------------------
let me see if the solution I propose in the following works for you

here is an image of the sheet yogi_Quick Figures:



and in the following I show what is published on the web site

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks Yogi.
    I was aware that I could specify a cell range BUT didn't know how to make it look good by removing the reference to the sheet name and the "open document" link which I don't really want people to do. can you share your iFrame code? I can't figure out where to put the instructions for the widget. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine:

    Sure thing ... I have added the iframe code in the image in my blog. The comment box does not allow the use of opening and closing angle brackets in it.

    Let me know if the iframe code I showed in the image works for you.

    Cheers!
    Yogi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yogi,

    Did you put this code into a gadget (and if so which one?)or did you just paste into the HTML editor? When I paste the code into the editor, it is changed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justine:

    I pasted the iframe code verbatim (as I showed you) in my blogger post.

    Cheers!
    Yogi

    ReplyDelete