Sunday, July 22, 2012

yogi_Compute Row By Row And Running Totals With A Given Starting Balance And Some Multipliers Embedded In Questions

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #645   Jul 22, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.
UPDATED JUN-05-2016

user eldunari said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/Ca6E7gb2VN4)
Have spreadsheet form perform calculations as users submit forms

I am creating a form for users to submit production records from a lunchroom.  They must supply the number of meals served for Paid, Free, and Reduced lunches.  Then that number needs to be multiplied by a fixed number that I don't want the user to have to enter.  Is there a way to just ask the user for the number of meals served and submit the form and then have the spreadsheet calculate the total $ for the meals served?
Thanks.
Caron.
----
Sorry for the lack of information.  I've added some rows to the spreadsheet.  However, the formula that was added in G isn't calculating correctly.
G should be B + C + D + E + F (D, E, and F should be user input * price in header)
Does this clarify?  Please let me know if further info is needed.  And I do appreciate your assistance.  This has escaped me for two months now and I'm at the point of giving up.....but I hate giving up... :)
Thanks again.
Caron.
---------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


No comments:

Post a Comment