Thursday, July 12, 2012

yogi_Count Unique Values In One Column While Meeting Specified Criterion In Another Column

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #621   Jul 12, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user mtang said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/9hssJ60-9Dg)
How can I count the unique values in one column that meets the criteria of another column?
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to figure out how to count the unique values in one column of a spreadsheet that meets the criteria of the values in separate column. Can someone help me write the formula?
Here's an example spreadsheet that I've created to clarify what I'm trying to do. 
In this spreadsheet, there are two columns: "Name" and "Criteria." I'd like to count the unique values in the "Names" column that are New vs. Old. 
I've been unsuccessful with the function: =COUNTIF(UNIQUE(A:A), B:B="New")
Please help if you have the spare time. Thanks so much in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem


No comments:

Post a Comment