Friday, May 10, 2013

yogi_From A Table Of Entries Find Address of The Cell That Houses A Specified Entry


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1185
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   May 10, 2013
user Fabio Magalhaes (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=gt4fhhtub7z3#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/tdvJ7kDVTFA)
Hello!
I'm not so experienced with google spreadsheets, and I'm having problems constructing my lookup formulas.
I want to find the address of a cell in a matrix, for example, in the sheet:
I want to be able to search in the interval B2:D5 for any value, then it must return the address.
In other words, if I search for horse, the cell must return B3.

Until now I tried to make a two-step search. First looking for the row, for example finding row 3 for BETA, but later I could'nt find a way to search in the column fixed by the row founded.
Any tip?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
let us have a look at the following


No comments:

Post a Comment