Monday, April 15, 2013

yogi_(using ImportRange) Facilitate Copying Of Data In one Sheet To other Sheet Of Another Spreadsheet

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1131
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Apr 15, 2013
user oneano :(!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/HRTaSZHoAcY)
Sort and Copy doesnt work.
Im using docs for a project I have a large list of cities. I need to remove the duplicates and move the list to a new spreadsheet. This doesnt seem to work, when I copy I get error Reference out of range. So I even put the sorted list into a notepad to copy the plain text and I get the same error. 

What is going on here? This is a fundamental work method, I must be doing something wrong. How does this work? 

F:1 has the forumla =Unique to remove duplicate rows from data from column E  Now when I try to copy and paste this data to another spread sheet it will not work. 

You want to copy data from one sheet into other sheet of another spreadsheet ... you need to use ImportRange function