Saturday, April 27, 2013

yogi_Sort AlphaNumeric Data Pulled From Column B Queried For Specified value From Column A

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1158
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Apr 27, 2013
user Ben_______  :(!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/TMhxH0b8JHo)
Return unique values in specific cell with no gaps - vlookup/unique functions? Please help!
For April's report I just want to pick out any values in column B that relate to that month and ignore the rest. How can I start in F2 and do this (top of the sheet)? I don't want any gaps in the list as this needs to be ready to download as a report - I am trying to save time you see! VLOOKUP can't quite do this as I am looking for only one value which is 'April' - examples provided.

I need to start in the top cell each time as this is where my report will start from, so I need to ignore any values from 'Dec' and 'May' yet still return any 'April' values in my first cell.

Added example here, any advice would be very gratefully received.


following is a solution to the problem