Monday, February 4, 2013

yogi_Set Up Table For Total Salary By Associate And LookUp Contribution By Employer And Associate

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1010
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Feb 04, 2013
post by user: Rajiv Rai Singh said:(!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/foraHR1-Z_U)
How to have a cell select the right value based on a list 

I have a list that states a range. Like in the attached "sheet1.pdf"

I have another sheet that calculates the total salary of the employee. I then need to call on sheet1.pdf to display the right provisions based on which range the employees total salary falls in. Like in attached  "sheet2.pdf" 

I have research vlookup and if formulas but cant seem to wrap my head around it, I could really use the help.

Attachments (2)

21 KB   View   Download

31 KB   View   Downlo

following is a solution to a bit more generalized problem