Tuesday, February 26, 2013

yogi_Count Instances Of Each of The Digits 0 Through 9 in A Column Of Numbers


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1050
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Feb 26, 2013
user Michael_M_11 said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=d9dujze9rels#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/vTH5BKDhbg0)
How do I count individual integers in a range of numbers?

I have a range a numbers, 1, 2, or 3 digit, and I need to know the frequency of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

For example, if I have:
1
2
3
11
15
26
27
28
29

So the output of the formula applied to the range should tell me there are:
1's - 4
2's - 5
3's - 1
4's - 0
5's - 1
6's - 1
7's - 1
8's - 1
9's - 1

I think what I'm needing is pretty straight-forward, but I just can't seem to find it on the forums.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to a bit more generalized problem in that you can enter as many integers as you like in column A and the integers may consist of any number of digits


No comments:

Post a Comment