Thursday, February 28, 2013

yogi_Compute The Number Of Instances Of Specified Weekday Between StartDate And EndDtate Excluding Holidays

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1058
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Feb 27, 2013
user SteveL321 said:(!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/2RK8TenKwVM)
Count number or occurrences of each day in a date range, less holidays.
I'm hoping someone can help me with a formula.  I need to know how many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, .... Sundays occur in a given date range; less any holidays.
I've got the following:
E2 = Start Date
F2 = End Date
H2 = Day to count

Range of holiday dates = C2:C15  

I've found a few solutions to count the days, but can't find / understand what i need to do to  check it against the list of holiday dates.

Anyone know how to make this work?

I'd love to understand how the formula works as well.
in the following I have presented a step by step approach leading to the final solution ... a number of formulas used here can be combined together, however to meet the intent of the question poster, I have presented formula for each step separately although in the real world solution the formulas would be combined together