Thursday, February 28, 2013

yogi_Compute The Number Of Instances Of Specified Weekday Between StartDate And EndDtate Excluding Holidays


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1058
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Feb 27, 2013
user SteveL321 said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=3mq12ihdx8pi#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/2RK8TenKwVM)
Count number or occurrences of each day in a date range, less holidays.
I'm hoping someone can help me with a formula.  I need to know how many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, .... Sundays occur in a given date range; less any holidays.
I've got the following:
E2 = Start Date
F2 = End Date
H2 = Day to count

Range of holiday dates = C2:C15  

I've found a few solutions to count the days, but can't find / understand what i need to do to  check it against the list of holiday dates.

Anyone know how to make this work?

I'd love to understand how the formula works as well.
Steve
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following I have presented a step by step approach leading to the final solution ... a number of formulas used here can be combined together, however to meet the intent of the question poster, I have presented formula for each step separately although in the real world solution the formulas would be combined together


No comments:

Post a Comment