Wednesday, February 27, 2013

yogi_Pull Students First And Last Name In The Form Responses Sheet From Another Sheet


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1054
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Feb 27, 2013
user cgchamberlain said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/MN4YhBjHA1Q)
Using Form/Spreadsheet as sign-in sheet.
I'm trying to create a quick cheap sign-in system for my library.

I've created a Form where students enter their ID#. On the backend spreadsheet, I have Form Responses, a Reference Sheet that has their student ID# in column a, first name in Column B, and last name in Column C. I'm trying to create an Attendance Sheet that will pull ID# from Form Responses look at Reference Sheet and put their name with it.

I have successfully done this using vlookup. 

The problem I'm having is that every time a new response is submitted, it does not auto-populate the Attendance sheet. 

Is there an easier way to do this?

Link to Form, Link to backend Spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following I have pulled students First and Last Name within the Form Responses sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment