Thursday, February 7, 2013

yogi_Compute The Facility Name From Data In Different Sheets Not Laid Out As A List (Database)


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1013
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Jan 31, 2013
post by user: SimonNY said:(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/AB_eo_7iCnA)

the solution in this post is related to the question addressed in my following blog post


yogi_Compute The Facility Name From Data Not Laid Out As A List (Database)

---
Help - how to search up the column
Hi,

I have a Test spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmrjXVhLBq5NdGlVSzJPbURjV0prdlQtT3JNUHEyWkE#gid=0

I'm trying to display all the tasks that match up the specific day (F2) on the columns G to F. The problem I have is that I don't know how to pull in the house # information along with the task (in green).

The amount of tasks for each house can vary, and it isn't always called a house or mansion.

I was thinking that I need to search up the column until I find the next row where start date is blank, but I don't know how to do that. I'm also open to any possible suggestions.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is my convoluted solution to the problem using a helper column (that can be hidden)

No comments:

Post a Comment