Thursday, April 21, 2011

yogi_WorkAround For Including SubTotal Lines In Google Spreadsheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

lathseka said:
I really find it hard as I am new to this. You helped me to sum by items, manufacturer and buyer. To continue on that, I want to know how to sum also each item within the grouping. As you can see to begin with there is only one apple row. Next to that row should be the sum for apple. The next 3 rows are Asparagus. At the end of Asparagus, there should be sum for asparagus etc..



Is this possible with keeping the query?
-----------------------------------------------
I think what lathseka is trying to do is insert SubTotal line like in Excel. Goggle spreadsheet does not have a
feature to add the SubTotal lines ... so in the following solution one way to include the SubTotal lines with my convoluted approach presented here

No comments:

Post a Comment