Monday, April 18, 2011

yogi_Compute Total For Sales Data Grouped By Item_Manuf_Buyer


Google Spreadsheet

lathseka said:
I have a spreadsheet with Date, ID, Buyers, manufacturers, items, quantity, total. I want to sort by item, then by manufacturers, then by buyers and get sum for every item by manufacturer and buyers and insert a new sheet items, manufacturers, buyers, total and get a grand total also.
--------------------------------------------------

latseka's sales data is in the sheet named Sales, and I used the QUERY function to group the sales data by Item, Manufacturer, and Buyer and then the corresponding sum from sales data

2 comments:

  1. This is great and this is how I wanted the spreadsheet. But I have to put this in Google script. I will use the formula you had and try to code wise get the same result. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latha:

    Great! ... please do share with me the script when you have it completed -- and I will post it here with due credit to you.

    Good Luck With Your Project.

    ReplyDelete