Thursday, April 28, 2011

yogi_Compute Historic 52 Week High/Low For A Specified Date

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                  Google Spreadsheet                     www.energyefficientbuild.com

wsround said:
I have been searching for a way to get historical data for a stock in my spreadsheet.
I have found the limited data that presents it in an array but what I would like to know is can I get the historical data on the 52 week high and low data. It should have been calculated when the stock was closed on that specific day but the only way I have been able to figure out to do this is to run a data search on my own spreadsheet and that just allows a certain number of calculations before the spreadsheet gets too big and then I can do any other calculations based on the 52 week high/low close and other data that I can get.
---------------------------------------------------------------

One can use high52 and low52 arguments for 52week high and 52week low in the GoogleFinance function for the current date. To get the 52week and 52 week low for a specified date, I first extract the high and low values for the dates in the range of interest and then compute the maximum/minimum value from those as presented in Sheet1.


No comments:

Post a Comment