Thursday, April 28, 2011

yogi_Setup Simple Calculated Column In A Spreadsheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
prosper2000usa said:
Never been good with spreadsheets.
Simple thing I can't figure. Want my spreadsheet to have a single table something like this
Columns:
A: Job Name
B: Hours to Complete
C: Pay
D: Pay per Hour
Where A-C I will enter into the spreadsheet, but D I want to be a calculated column, something simple like =DIVIDE(C,B). Where do I enter the forumula and in what syntax so that it calculates automatically for each row as it is entered? I can add the formula in the first data row as DIVIDE(C1, B1), but that does nothing for subsequent rows that will be entered.


--------------------------------------------------
Well prosper2000usa, see the setup in Sheet1 for what you want to do ... as you add data in columns A,B, and C starting with row 2 down, computed value in column D is automatically calculated.


2 comments: