Monday, November 12, 2018

yogi_Compute Sum Of Specified Cat. Group Details In 'Codes' And 'Data' Sheets

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2538

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Nov-12-2018

Sum values of column in sheet, if the code in the row matches a criteria from other sheet
Hello Excel Masters!

Please give me a little help?

I'm trying to do something that extrapolates a little of my knowledge. I can't get this to work. I would like a function/formula solution and not a "script", if that's possible, of course.

(See attachment)
I want the Sheet Category, cel D2, to have a sum. This sum would be like this:

Get all the values from Sheet Data, column D, and check if the product code in column B corresponds to the group "milk" in the Sheets "Codes", if it does, sum all values.
-

What I did to counter that, is creating a new column in Sheets Data, perform a vlookup, to search the Sheet for the code. But I wonder if I could do that virtually and sheets will do this operation and then SUM all of it.

You can see what I did in Data!I3 and in Category!D2. Highlited in yellow.

Thank you very much in advance :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment