Saturday, November 17, 2018

yogi_Compute Currecy Conversion Rates For Dates Specified In Column B

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2545

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Nov-17-2018

How to get GoogleFinance with Index formula to work in ArrayFormula?
Hi guys,

Right now I'm trying to get automatic daily quotes for USD price for a given day.

I have this sample spreadsheet:


For each date I get the USD value converted to Brazilian Reais. This works great as long as I manually apply the formula in D3 to the rows below.

If I use this same formula inside ArrayFormula, just the 1st row is filled in E3.

Is there any equivalent function that can substitute INDEX?

Thanks for any input on this.

P.S.: this answer @ StackOverflow tells us that the INDEX function is one that does not support "iteration" over an array if an array is used as one of its arguments.

I tried to adapt it to my use case with the VLOOKUP alternative but I couldn't get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment