Monday, August 27, 2018

yogi_Find The Name Of The Person Associated With A Specified Asset As Of The Latest Date

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2498

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Aug-27-2018

question by: bkca
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=best_answer_notification_button#!topic/docs/I0h-4l6Iu00;context-place=forum/docs
QUERY help for Google Sheets - find latest entry based on date, with multiple entries
Hi, I have a fairly straighforward question regarding VLOOKUP / QUERY for Google sheets, I'm new to all this and need some help

I have a Google sheets with several tabs.  From the main tab, I want to be able to query the "Laptops" tab in order to find the latest person assigned to a laptop, based on date.

I can get this to work, if I pre-sort the Laptops tab based on date (descending) and then do a VLOOKUP.  It will pull back the first instance, which is the most recent person.

But if the tab gets re-sorted or shuffled, it can cause errors.

I think I need a QUERY function, but not sure how to do this.  Please see the attached photo for my sample data.  Thank you in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment