Wednesday, August 8, 2018

yogi_Compute Sum Of The Maximum of Group of Specified Number Of Rows Of Numbers In A Column

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2483

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Aug-08-2018

question by: David J Spigelman
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/UWgK-rRzjFc;context-place=forum/docs
Sum of Max of every N-rows?
I want to be able to take a column full of numbers, and find the max values of every 3 rows. I then want to be able to total just those max values. So, for the list of values:

1
13
28
290
65
72
8
9
10
I want to be able to select 28, 290, and 10, which would then give me a total of 328. I've been able to find how to add every 3rd value, but not how to max them by 3 rows. I've looked at MAXIFS, as well as several SUMIF with ARRAYFORMULA, MOD and ROW functions thrown in. I'm guessing it actually is a solution involving those, but I can't seem to put it together right. 

Can anyone help with this, and explain how your solution works?


No comments:

Post a Comment