Sunday, March 8, 2015

yogi_Compute Daily Income By Day For Transaction Type 'Income' and Items Specified In Rows of Column F of Master Sheet


                                           Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1914
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Mar 08, 2012
question by SaggitariusAD:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/FKpGJj2ma_4
Sum multiple cells from Sheet 1 to a single cell in Sheet 2 depending on criteria?
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a personal expense report with multiple sheets.
It is populated from a Form.

Sheet1 has Columns for Dates, Categories & Amounts (among others).

Sheet2 has Rows for all the Categories in Sheet1 & Columns for the Dates.

I would like Sheet2 to display the Total Amount spent on a Category for each Date...and I'll need it to update that amount if I enter another response.

If I spent $10 at one store, and then $10 at another store, both on Office Supplies, both on 1/1/15, I want $20 to show up in the cell designated for Office Supplies/Jan 1st (say, E16).
If I go and spend $40 more on Office Supplies on the same day at a third store, E16 will need to update to $60.

I tried something like:
=sum(filter('Sheet1'!$C3:$I;'Sheet1'!$C3:$C=E2;'Master Sheet'!$H3:$H=$A16))
(I was tweaking the formula from another post) but the result (when I got one) was something like $89,890.00
I'm really confusing myself...and you as well, probably!

I'm trying to teach myself how to use Sheets & was doing great until I decided I wanted this particular action to happen...
I've actually tried so many different formulas that I'm getting dizzy, ha!

I know I'll need to share a version of the sheet, just not sure how.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
AD

---
Hello!

Here is my sample spreadsheet.

The explanation is on the first sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Je0qfIqn2Fl1IJZU__qH7WzMwPyeQ_-x_S6v3nrLlD4/edit?usp=sharing

Thank You!
-AD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment