Sunday, March 8, 2015

yogi_Compute Daily Income By Day For Transaction Type 'Income' and Items Specified In Rows of Column F of Master Sheet

                                           Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1914
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Mar 08, 2012
question by SaggitariusAD:!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/FKpGJj2ma_4
Sum multiple cells from Sheet 1 to a single cell in Sheet 2 depending on criteria?
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a personal expense report with multiple sheets.
It is populated from a Form.

Sheet1 has Columns for Dates, Categories & Amounts (among others).

Sheet2 has Rows for all the Categories in Sheet1 & Columns for the Dates.

I would like Sheet2 to display the Total Amount spent on a Category for each Date...and I'll need it to update that amount if I enter another response.

If I spent $10 at one store, and then $10 at another store, both on Office Supplies, both on 1/1/15, I want $20 to show up in the cell designated for Office Supplies/Jan 1st (say, E16).
If I go and spend $40 more on Office Supplies on the same day at a third store, E16 will need to update to $60.

I tried something like:
=sum(filter('Sheet1'!$C3:$I;'Sheet1'!$C3:$C=E2;'Master Sheet'!$H3:$H=$A16))
(I was tweaking the formula from another post) but the result (when I got one) was something like $89,890.00
I'm really confusing myself...and you as well, probably!

I'm trying to teach myself how to use Sheets & was doing great until I decided I wanted this particular action to happen...
I've actually tried so many different formulas that I'm getting dizzy, ha!

I know I'll need to share a version of the sheet, just not sure how.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.



Here is my sample spreadsheet.

The explanation is on the first sheet.

Thank You!