Sunday, June 3, 2012

yogi_Search A Multi Column Multi Row Range For A Specified Value And Return The Value In Column A For The Corresponding Row

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #574    Jun 03, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user gras said:
Search multi columns and rows, return row far left value
I am just learning this. I would like to perform a search within a named range of columns and rows (Aug1stWk) find a unique value (WR) and return that row's 1st value (A person's name). I am looking at DGET but I am not quite sure if this will work, definitely not sure how to make it work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following I present a solution although I did not use the DGET function


No comments:

Post a Comment