Sunday, June 3, 2012

yogi_Chart Data For A Dynamically Increasing Or Decreaing Range Corresponding To Non-Blank Entries In Column B

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #575    Jun 03, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user ffar said:
Lets say i have 
1 3.2
2 4.2
and I plot it using google line chart .
then I add 
3 5.4
4 6.5
It seems like I have to go back and change the range of the plot! 
This is too complicated because I have too many plots
--> Is there anyway I can automate this chart update? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I told ffar ... YES!
Let us say your data is in columns B:C, the you can specify the range to be charted as B:C
chart will change it to something like B1:C100 if your sheet has 100 rows
in this case your chart would be dynamic ... it will grow/ shrink as you add or delete data in columns B and C
I hope this helps.
----
ffar came back with the following question:
Thank you for the answer. It works fine. The only problem is that I have this extended x-axis which has no data... can I resize it so the x-axis ends with my last existing data point? 
--------------------------
I told ffar ... YES -- with a workaround as presented in the following solution


No comments:

Post a Comment