Friday, June 1, 2012

yogi_Create A Column Of Random Values With ARRAYFORMULA

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #571    Jun 01, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user mjs said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=kljxr09cvfue#!searchin/docs/Creating$20a$20column$20of$20random$20values$20with$20ARRAYFORMULA()?/docs/IJjOn547twU/svf5wEZOD8YJ)
Creating a column of random values with ARRAYFORMULA()?
How can I create an infinitely-extending column of random values?  (i.e. so that as I add more rows, I also get more random numbers.)
I tried ARRAYFORMULA((ROW(A:A)*0) + RAND())
however this only seems to "evaluate" the RAND() once: I get an infinitely-extending column, but the value is exactly the same every time.  (If I recalculate the spreadsheet, I get a different random value.)
Michael
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following I present some work around solutions to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment