Sunday, June 3, 2012

yogi_Compare Text In Cell Of Column A With That Of Column B And Delneate The Difference From That In Cell Of Column A

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #577    Jun 04, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user Mavgaral said:
Comparing words in two different cells
I'm looking to compare word changes between two different cells in order to keep track of what changes.
For example in A1 I have "You need to pick a color and size" and in b1 I have "You need to pick a size and colour". In c1 I want to have the word "size and colour" (beginning to end of the change) so that I know what has changed between the two cells. (not just where, but what)
If there are multiple changes, can it do something like this in C1? "size and colour, next change"
Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

following is a solution to the problem

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this such a great information.I really appreciate your work i share this link to my facebook friend as well as Digg and twitter this info helps to everyone


    Cloud Backup Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cloud Computing:

    Thanks for your comment ... Now Let Us Keep Googling.

    Cheers!
    Yogi
    Cloud Computing -- Google Docs Way
    yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete