Friday, June 8, 2012

yogi_Compare ListA And ListB And Extract 1) All And 2) ExactMatch ListA Items That Are Also In ListB

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #582    Jun 08, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user Derges said:
Comparing two lists of strings
I'm probably being quite stupid here. I need to compare two lists of strings and determine which items in List A are also in List B.
I've tried EXACT and MATCH and a HLOOKUP but I think I've got the wrong end of the syntax stick.
Would anyone be kind enough to offer some advice?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem
by the way I don't think OP meant finding Exact matches even though the OP talked about using the Exact function, I have gone ahead with finding 1) All matches as well as 2) Exact matches only


No comments:

Post a Comment