Monday, April 2, 2012

yogi_Sum A Range Of Cells In A Column Per Specified Criterion

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                Google Spreadsheet          Post  #492         www.energyefficientbuild.com

user Bluca said: 
How to sum dynamic range of cells Hello, I am a total spreadsheet n00b and I am banging my head on this problem: I have a huge amount of data I need to sum up. Every column has a few thousands rows, and I want to sum them up 16 by 16 in another cell. So, for example: A1:A16 summed in B1, A17:A32 summed in B2, and so on. Is there a clever and quick way of doing this, without manually changing a formula every time but just using one formula? I have tens of these columns to sum up, and it's driving me kinda crazy, I tried searching for something similar to no avail. 
Thank you very much! 
-------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem
 

No comments:

Post a Comment