Sunday, April 29, 2012

yogi_Publish A Dynamic Range Of A Single Sheet Of A Spreadsheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #521    Apr 29, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com


user adventruresincubing said:
google spreadsheet w/ limited embed range
I have embedded a Google Spreadsheet into a Wordpress blog, using widget=false, single=true, range=XXX, etc. to get rid of the title/footer, etc.  It embeds as expected.
One quirk I can't figure out surrounds the range variable.  I want only columns A through H, with all of the rows in columns.  I had expected to be able to put "range=A:H" into the iframe code and have it work.  No dice.  The only syntax that works is something like "range=A1:H20."  That functions fine, but isn't practical: If I add more rows, I need to update the embed code.  Is there a wildcard that I can put instead of row numbers to get the embed range to capture the WHOLE of the selected rows?
Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is no direct way of publishing a dynamic range ... in the following solution I present a workaround for  publishing an expanding range


No comments:

Post a Comment