Tuesday, April 10, 2012

yogi_Strip Salutation From A Column Of Names And Then Split Into First And Last Names

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #502    Apr 10, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com

user Ramu Tremblay said: 
Hi Yogi, Your name has come up several times as I research using Google Docs. Perhaps you can help me with a question I haven't been able to find the answer to? I have a spreadsheet with 600+ names (first and last name) in column A. I have gone ahead and split First name and Last into Columns B and Columns C. The problem is this: Multiple Contacts have the preface Mr. or Ms. or Mrs. before their name. Is there a formula that would allow me to delete all instances of Mr. Mrs. or Ms? How would that work? 
Thank YOU, 
 Ramu Tremblay 
-------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem
 

No comments:

Post a Comment