Sunday, November 6, 2011

yogi_Update Original Record With Latest Submitted Updates

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user morphe said:
Any help with the following would be hugely appreciated :)
Data: A-fieldname / B-value
Log Records: C-date / D-fieldname / E-new value
Is there a simple way of updating A-B with the most recent log entries in C-E? There are about 50 fixed fields in A.
Any help with this would be much appreciated; I can't seem to find the right example through the search function.
Sorry, I've explained that poorly, so I've created a spreadsheet which hopefully clarifies what I mean.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArR5E9JS2LFVdFVjX2pwVkZsNno0bzZ6ci1sMFdmTXc
----------------------------
following is one way ... my solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment