Wednesday, November 2, 2011

yogi_Separate First And Last Names In Column A And Then Sort The Data By Last Name

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user Bubbles 1960 said:
I want to alphabetize on the last name and keep the information in the adjacent cells with the name.  I just realized I need to separate first and last names into two columns, and sort on column B.  For the sample purpose, please just tell me how to complete the task at hand.  I'll manage the first/last on the real list.  Thanks!
------------------------------------------
following are couple of ways for solution to the problem
Sheet1 shows the original data ... Sheet1a shows the needed solution
Sheet2 shows the original data ... Sheet2a shows the needed solution
In the original data sheets I have added 2 intermdiary columns shown with light brown background

No comments:

Post a Comment