Wednesday, November 2, 2011

yogi_Make A Budget (Expense) List And Allocate Amounts To Associated Categories

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user Kelemvor said:

So, I'm thinking about making a spreadsheet that I can use as a check register and budgeting tool.  I know there are some out there but I didn't see any that combined these two into one sheet.
My initial thought is that I will enter the information into the sheet (date, description, category, amount, etc).  I then want the spreadsheet to look at the value I chose for category.  It would then go find the column for that category and add the value of the amount box to the end of the list
Sample Spreadsheet:  http://goo.gl/VjvHZ
In the above sample, I'd want the spreadsheet to automatically put 20 and 30 under clothing and 50 under gas as I type them in.  I know I can do this sort of thing in Excel with VBA but I'm not sure if Google Spreadsheets have the same sort of programming capability.

-----------------------------------------------------

following is one solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment