Tuesday, October 18, 2011

yogi_Match Cell In Specified Data Sheets And Display Name And Row Of Matching Data Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user zeddoc said:
I have a column of id-numbers in COLUMN A
In COLUMN B I want to show the SHEET NAME and ROW NUMBER where there is a match elsewhere in the spreadsheet. (Not sure what to do where there is more than one match, but I was assuming only one match for now.)
(I also would like to know for future use, if this can be done to search/match cells outside of the current google spreadsheet.)
---------------------------------------
In the following I propose a solution where the data sheets are in the same spreadsheet and there is only one match in the data sheets.