Saturday, October 15, 2011

yogi_Compute An Entry Based On Average Of The Preceding Unless Otherwise Specified

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
rja9003 said:
an entered number vs calculated number
I am creating a mileage log consisting of Date, Number of Trips, and miles driven. For dates that I have the data I am entering the data. For dates that I only have number of trips I want the spread sheet to supply a number that is the average miles per trip for data that I have.
Example:
Day Trips Miles
Sun   5    15
Mon   4    12
Tue   8
Wed   1    3
Thu   6
I need to avoid the circular reference so I was thinking something along the lines of IsNumber() but it does not work as I need it to. IsFormula() does not exist that I can find. How can I calculate Miles per trip using only the entered data and not value that has been calculated.
--------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment