Sunday, October 2, 2011

yogi_Compute Years And Months Since A Member Joined A Club

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
a user asked:
How do I express the number value (days?) from the formula B1-TODAY() (where B1 is a date) in years, months and days?
Let me clarify, I've changed a few things as well.
Currently have:
B3 - The date that this person joined our club
B4 - needs to be the time between the joining date and today.
I had originally gone with
B4 - =B3-TODAY()
which gives me a negative number which is the number of days since that date. I just need this number to be expressed in Years and Months (days not really important.
Would love for it to be:
B4 - 12 years 3 months
For instance.
Any ideas?
-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment