Wednesday, June 13, 2018

yogi_Sum Up Time Entered in B3:B As Minutes And Seconds Without The Colon Character For Ease Of Entering

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2459

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Jun-13-2018

question by: JoLR
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/FQa7QUUWdSE;context-place=forum/docs
Custom Time Formatting Help

Hello! I work in film editorial. I'm looking for a way to enter a time in minutes and seconds, and have it display as "xx:xx" - I'd like to enter this value as either 4 consecutive digits (i.e. no colon), or as minutes.seconds (e.g. 03.21). The reason being, I'm entering a lot of data, and it's a hassle to have to enter a colon when I just want to keep my right hand on the numpad.

Is there a way I can create a formatting rule, so that entering "0210" displays as "02:10" and correctly registers and minutes and seconds? Because I also have a function that adds the sum of this column so I have a total duration at the bottom.

Please let me know if that's clear. Thank you for your help!

JoLR

No comments:

Post a Comment