Sunday, June 10, 2018

yogi_query a column of single cells and output it to a column of merged cells

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2457

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Jun-10-2018

question by: Blorty Blortson
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/R3Ku2m0BbT0;context-place=mydiscussions

How do I query a column of single cells and output it to a column of merged cells?

Hi 

everyone! 

I have am trying to import some data into merged cells (3 cell height). I need the merged cells because they are effectively labels for 3 rows. The problem I am having is that the range being queried is not merged so some data is being "hidden" in the merged cells; 1 cell appears and the other 2 are hidden by the merge. 

EX:
Source:

Data1
Data2
Data3
Data4

Current Output:

Data1


Data4


Desired Output:

Data1


Data2


Data3


Data4

My query is a standard =query(importrange("url","tab!range"),"select * where Col1 is not null")

I have been looking for about an hour but can't find anything of help. Is it possible to do what I am attempting? 

Thanks in advance! 

Edit: What I am hoping for is to have only one value per merged cell. So if A1:A3 and A4:A6 are merged cells, the data from the query would go into cells A1 and A4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment