Thursday, July 10, 2014

yogi_Pull From Sheet named 'RAW data' Values For Field Selected Via DropDown In Cell A1 For Month And Year of Date in Cell B1

                                  Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1693
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jul-10-2014
post by Nieboy1: (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/GjjLdQBbqVU)
sort by multiple column referances
HI I am looking for a little help with a formula I have made to query based on cell references.

=query(RAW data! A2:Z, select * where 'RAW data!L:L'= B2 order by A1)

I am pretty sure I just have the syntax in the yellow area messed up

L:L is the date column on the queried sheet
B2 is the month I want to query
A1 is a data validation list I created from the column header on RAW data

basically I am looking to search a particular month (B2) and sort (Decending) by column header (A1)

I have shared the sheet, the sheet I am working on is 'monthly rankings'


Thanks for any help offered,

Ryan
---
OK,

In sheet 'monthly rankings' at cell A3 I would like to query RAW data for A) month and B) a statistic

 I would like these to be variable, meaning I would like to be able to select from a list of available options.

I have cut and pasted my expected results in monthly rankings.  

Monthly rankings as it is now is an exact "snapshot" of what I am looking for, including the "variable" cells in A1 and B1, however there is no formula I just cut and pasted the correct rows and then sorted them manually.

i hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks again,

Ryan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment