Friday, March 30, 2018

yogi_Find Row By Row If A Phrase In Column B Exists In Column A

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2408

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Mar-30-2018
Search string in Col A for words in Col B and paste found word in Col C
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching for a solution with no luck.  Any help is appreciated.

I have a long list of strings in Column A that have headings I want to extract, like Unit or School or Institute
The words I want to extract are in Column B
I want to past the extracted word in Column C

Both A and B can be a long list so manually typing and searching would be problematic.
My manual version does not use Column B and also fails to match "School" sometimes

"=IF(RegExMatch(A2,"School"),"School", IF(RegExMatch(A2,"Faculty"),"Faculty","Other") )"

Here is my sheet. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment