Wednesday, November 26, 2014

yogi_Pull The Last Entry In A Column In Another Sheet And Deduct From it The Penultimate Entry In The same Column -- Formula Should Work In Google NewSheet As Well As In EXCEL

              Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1847
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov-26-2014
post by Clayton hazell:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/0t4hM5hD4W4
VLOOKUP help next to last row in column
need help please. I have a workbook with 2 pages. I input data on the 2nd page downward in column D and have a vlookup command "=VLOOKUP(9.99999999E+307, 'SVY''S'!D$1:D$65536,1)" that finds the last entered value in that column and enters it on page one. I'm trying to change the formula to subtract the last two values in that column from page 2. Keep in mind I add rows all the time and need it to update as I add rows to it. Any ideas? Thank you in advance
---
Ok so I made a new sheet here's the link.


a) I input data on the 2nd page downward in column D and have a vlookup command "=VLOOKUP(9.99999999E+307, 'SVY''S'!D$1:D$65536,1)" that finds the last entered value in that column and enters it on page one. I'm trying to change the formula to subtract the last two values in that column from page 2. Keep in mind I add rows all the time and need it to update as I add rows to it.

So with these numbers, if the formula is correct then I should get a value of 0.68(1.67-0.99) or (SVY'S Page D23-D22) in the cell on the horizontal page in cell B3. The major issue is the formula that I have only finds the last row of column D with an entered value and places the value for me. I'm trying to find a way to get it to subtract the last two rows of column D as I update the sheet. Does this help? 
---
Sorry i'm using excel I thought i would be the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

following is a non-ArrayFormula solution that works both in Google NewSheet as well as in Excel



No comments:

Post a Comment